As of this 2013 session, the public can now comment on bills under consideration in the state legislature. This is incredibly useful, as many of us don’t have the time to venture down to Olympia to give in-person opinions on laws under consideration. Here’s how you do it:
- Go to the Legislature’s website: http://www.leg.wa.gov/pages/home.aspx
- Click on the Bill Search tab on the page:
- Enter the bill number you’re searching for and click Search:
- Click on the “Comment on this bill” button
- Select a position (Oppose, Neutral, Support), then type your comment. When you’re done, click the Submit button.
- If you don’t have a user account, you’ll be requested to create one. If you have a user account, you’re done.