Sorry about the website being down for so long. Our website was hacked, really horribly hacked.
Online filing for precinct committee officers in King County opened today. All filings must be complete by this Friday, May 20th at 4:30pm. If you haven’t fully completed the online form by 4:30, you will be booted out of the system and will not be able to file. So, file today! Registration only takes a few minutes.
You can start your registration at https://info.kingcounty.gov/kcelections/pcocandidatefiling.
Attend the South King County Democrats Dinner. It is fun, it is Saturday, June 4, 2016. It is at the IAM Hall, located at 9125 15th Pl S, Seattle, 98108. Doors open at 5:00 pm, the auction begins at 5:30 pm, dinner starts at 6:30 pm. Tickets are $25 pre-sale, $35 at the door. Additional information below.
The evenings festivities will include a spaghetti dinner buffet, a no-host bar (featuring beer and wine), a Silent Auction, a Candidate roll-call, and keynote speaker. All sauces at the buffet are donated by local members of the participating Legislative Districts (NOTE: donating a sauce to the buffet DOES NOT automatically enter you into the Sauce-off Competition). The South King County Democrats Dinner features the combined efforts of the 33rd, 30th, 11th, and 47th legislative districts as their major fundraiser for the year.
Tickets can be purchased from anyone selling them from any of the Legislative Districts, Emily Willoughby is selling in the 11th LD, buy them at the next meeting or call 206-241-5885. Perhaps easier, purchase them online through Brown Paper Tickets!
You can also purchase them by going to http://www.southkingcountydems.org and filing out the form which is located there. If you prefer to buy through Brown Paper Tickets go to http://skcd.brownpapertickets.com and order them there.
We are looking for folks to donate a dessert. We have sufficient volunteers for spaghetti sauces and auction items, but if you feel strongly that you want to bring one, call Emily and we may be able to work out something. (Some volunteers may not be able to deliver what they thought.) We can use folks to help set up and clean up as well.
If you have volunteered to set up, be there (the IAM Hall) at 2:30 PM, to decorate, be there at 3:00PM. Bring a sauce or an auction item at 4:30 PM. If you bring a sauce please make sure it is in a self-heating pot and bring a serving spoon, also we need a neat/tidy list of the ingredients to make sure that folks with allergies can avoid ingredients which cause them problems. If you are bringing an auction item (or having me deliver it) you need to fill out a donation form and the form needs to be completed by May 30th so the folks doing the auction will know what do put on the auction cards. Return the form to me and I’ll get it to where it needs to go. (E-mail the form to email@example.com).
This event is a lot of fun, so come on out and enjoy yourself.
Bob Hasegawa, who received near unanimous support at our last membership meeting for early endorsement, is hosting a kick-off celebration for his re-election on Sunday, May 15th between 2pm and 4pm at the IAM (Machinists) Union Hall at 9121 15th Pl S, Seattle, Washington 98108. For more information, visit: https://www.facebook.com/events/1085191131539866/
Below are the results from our 2016 Legislative District Caucus. Congratulations to all of our newly elected delegates!
Congressional District 8 – Clinton (1 Delegate, 1 Alternate)
- Richard W. Upton (Delegate)
- Margaret A. Monaghan (Alternate)
Congressional District 8 – Sanders (3 Delegates, 1 Alternate)
- Sabrena McBride (Delegate)
- Andrew Whittey (Delegate)
- Ravinunt Andrew Sudangnoi (Delegate)
- Julie Badgley (Alternate)
Congressional District 9 – Clinton (5 Delegates, 3 Alternates)
- Marvin Rosete (Delegate)
- Michelle Anne Morris (Delegate)
- Codou Cunningham (Delegate)
- Timothy Richardson (Delegate)
- Samantha Neuffer (Delegate)
- Thomas M. Just (Alternate #1)
- Julia Frances Hibarger (Alternate #2)
- Dana Alexander (Alternate #3)
Congressional District 9 – Sanders (18 Delegates, 9 Alternates)
- Genevieve Kralis (Delegate)
- Holly Irons (Delegate)
- Stephen D. Early (Delegate)
- Stephanie Aragon (Delegate)
- Betina Alessandra George (Delegate)
- Caleb Michaeil Ruffert (Delegate)
- Becca Ritchie (Delegate)
- Krista Kay Williams (Delegate)
- Aaron Blalack (Delegate)
- Zachary Haver (Delegate)
- Karen Grudier (Delegate)
- David Wesley Palmer (Delegate)
- Tony Sivilay (Delegate)
- Alison Fesler (Delegate)
- Rebekah David (Delegate)
- April Mae Barnes (Delegate)
- Jared Marino (Delegate)
- Patrice Marie Bloch (Delegate)
- Jami Lukins (Alternate #1)
- Joseph M. Coleman (Alternate #2)
- Ignacio Lizana (Alternate #3)
- Robert D. Fulmer (Alternate #4)
- Terry D. Reynolds (Alternate #5)
- Thomas M. Bell (Alternate #6)
- Arbara Ixhel Brackmann (Alternate #7)
- Melissa Hedwall (Alternate #8)
- Kasey Goodman (Alternate #9)
- Pledge of allegiance
- Approval of meeting agenda
- Approval of March 15, 2016 meeting minutes
- Candidate speakers:
– State Sen., Ex-State Rep., Ex-Thurston County
– University Place City Councilor,
For tomorrow’s caucus at the IAM Hall in South Park, here are the proposed rules and agenda:
- Proposed Agenda for 2016 Legislative District Caucus
- Proposed Rules for 2016 Legislative District Caucus
The 11th LD Caucus will be at the IAM District 751 Union Hall, 9135 – 15th Pl So, Seattle on April 17, 2016 at 1pm.
All delegates & alternates who were elected at the 11th LD Precinct Caucus on March 26th are eligible to participate. Proposed agenda is to elect the delegates & alternates to go forward to the Congressional level and State level. This will be the second step out of 4 steps in electing delegates & alternates to the Democratic Party National Convention in Philadelphia July 25-28, 2016.
If you are in one of the couple of Precincts in the 7th Congressional District, you’ll be caucusing at a different location in a neighboring Legislative District. If you live in Precinct Sea 11-1928, you’ll be caucusing with the 37th Legislative District at Cleveland High School (5511 – 15th Ave. S, Seattle, WA 98108)
Please go here for details: http://www.wa-democrats.org/page/legislative-district-and-county-convention-locations
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll get you set up.
The Washington State Democratic Party will be holding its caucuses to choose its nominee on March 26th at 10 AM. It will be Washington Democrats’ opportunity to make their voices heard on who should be our next President.
Anyone who will be 18 by November 8, 2016 and affirms they are a Democrat on Caucus Day is eligible to participate.
The 11th Legislative District Democrats will be hosting 8 caucus sites for our voters to participate. Voters must show up to the correct caucus site in order to participate. If you’d like to vote, here’s what you need to do:
- Find your caucus site and pre-register: https://www.demcaucus.com/register. The site will give you a registration form that you must print out and bring to your caucus site. If you lose your form, you can always fill out a new one at the site. This is your way of skipping the registration line. We will not have printouts of your pre-registered forms on site. Your caucus site and the address will be on the top of your registration form.
- Show up to your caucus site before the caucus is scheduled to begin. 9:30am is a good target time. You must show up to the correct caucus site that you were given in step 1. You will not be able to caucus at another site.
- Caucus! Your precinct will decide which Presidential candidate will get delegates from your group of neighbors. You will also be picking those delegates that will go on to the Legislative District Caucus and the King County Convention. Those delegates will eventually decide who goes to the Congressional District Caucuses, the State Convention, and the Democratic National Convention.
Remember: these are all your neighbors and fellow democrats. Be respectful, listen, converse, and have fun!
- If you can’t show up to the caucus because of religious reasons, military duty, a disability, or a conflicting work schedule, fill out a surrogate affadivit form and send it to the Washington State Democrats.
Surrogate Affadavit formA copy of this form properly completed and signed must be sent either by mail, fax or as a scanned PDF to the State Democratic Party headquarters and must be received no later than Friday, March 18, 2016 at 5:00 P.M., this is so that the form may be forwarded to the proper local party organization prior to the Saturday, March 26, 2016 Precinct Caucuses.Properly completed and signed Surrogate Affidavit Forms must be sent to:
Jaxon Ravens, Chair
RE: Surrogate Affidavit Form
Washington State Democratic
Party PO Box 4027
Seattle, WA 98194
Fax: (206) 583-0301
Here are some additional resources:
- Caucus information from the state party: http://www.wa-democrats.org/page/2016-democratic-caucuses
- A video explanation for the caucus process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIitlT5TMn0
- A good blog resource on the caucuses: http://kence.org/2016/02/24/everything-you-need-to-know-to-participate-in-the-wa-democratic-caucus/
Here is a list of the 11th Legislative District Democrats precinct caucus sites. Remember, you must show up to the correct site! And, pre-register and bring your form to the site. Your caucus site and its address will be on the top of your form.
- Seattle: IAM District 751 Union Hall, 9135 15th PL, Seattle
- Renton Highlands: Carpenters Hall, 231 Burnett Ave. N. Renton
- Renton Highlands North: Hazen High School, 1101 Hoquiam Ave. NE, Renton
- Benson-Cascade: Nelsen Middle School, 2403 Jones Rd. S., Renton
- East Hill: Meeker Middle School, 12600 SE 192nd ST, Renton
- Fairwood: Northwood Middle School, 17007 SE 184th St. Renton
- Renton Highlands East: Maplewood Hights Elementary, 130 Jericho Ave NE, Renton
If you missed our last simulation / training event, the Washington State Democrats is having another caucus simulation / training event.
When: Saturday, 3/12/2016 at 9am
Where: IAM Hall, 9135 15th Pl S, Seattle, WA 98108
11th and 33rd Legislative Districts Joint Town Hall this Saturday
Who: Lawmakers from the 11th and 33rd Legislative District
What: Town Hall Meeting
When: Saturday, February 20, 2016 from 10:00 am to noon
Where: Aviation High School Boeing Presentation Center, 9229 E. Marginal Way S., Tukwila, WA.
Why: To give constituents an update on the legislative session and listen to their concerns and ideas.
FYI, we have cancelled the event on the 20th because of a joint district townhall. We will reschedule that one when we have a date / time. We will still be holding the event on the 27th. Sorry about any inconvenience.